Our new location on North Carolina State University’s Centennial Campus will serve as the headquarters for the LexisNexis Business of Law Software Solutions (BLSS) division and other product and technology groups within the LexisNexis community.
This significant move, increases the space available to LexisNexis as we fulfill our commitment to build a “Software Center of Excellence” in North Carolina. The Centennial Campus office location provides the software division with 120,000 square feet of office space – or more than double the space it currently occupies – and will also offer ample room for up to 650 employees. LexisNexis currently employs about 247 people in its Cary location, well on its way to meeting the commitment it made to North Carolina in February 2012 to create 350 jobs over five years.
“Our new office location, centered in the midst of one of the most vibrant and dynamic learning institutions for engineering in the country, is inherently beneficial to employees and customers alike,” said Michael Lipps, vice president and managing director for the LexisNexis BLSS business. “Centennial Campus is brimming with passion, enthusiasm and ideas for technology innovation; the university location literally represents the intersection of theoretical research with practical application.”NC State’s Centennial Campus houses the nation’s fourth largest undergraduate engineering program in the country and offers more than 1,200 acres of land that houses more than 34 buildings serving more than 65 corporate, government and non-profit partners. LexisNexis aims to leverage its office location on campus to an advantage in attracting talent to its software businesses.
Why Work in NC?
Considering relocation to North Carolina and joining LexisNexis?
Raleigh-Durham Ranked #1:
- #1 on List of 25 Best Cities for Jobs, Glassdoor 2015
- Best Places for Business and Careers, Forbes 2014
- Best Cities for Raising a Family, Forbes 2014
- #1 State for Women in Technology (North Carolina) NCTA 2015
Raleigh-Durham Ranked #2:
- Healthiest County in NC (Wake County, NC) CountyHealthRankings.org 2014
- Most Educated Cities (Raleigh MSA) WalletHub 2014
- America’s 15 Best Cities for Young Professionals (Raleigh) Forbes 2014
- Best Cities for Early Retirement (Cary) The Motley Fool 2014
Raleigh-Durham Ranked #3:
- Most Educated Cities in America (Durham) Nerdwallet 2014
- American Cities You Should Visit in 2015, The Huffington Post
- Best Metro Areas for STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) Professionals (Raleigh MSA), WalletHub, 2015
- Best U.S. Cities for College Student – Mid-Size Metros (Raleigh-Cary) American Institute for Economic Research, 2014
- Best Up-and-Coming Cities for Art and Culture (Raleigh) Women’s Health, 2014
- Among 10 Least Stressed Out Cities (Raleigh) CNNMoney, 2014
Other Notable Rankings:
- #4 Fastest Growing City in the U.S. (Raleigh) Forbes, 2015
- #7 Among America’s Smartest Cities (Raleigh) Forbes, November 2014
- #9 Among The Best Airports in America: Reader’s Choice Awards 2014 (RDU International Airport) Condé Nast Traveler, 2014
- #12 The Top 20 Cities for Young Entrepreneurs (Raleigh) Forbes, 2014
- #19 America’s Healthiest Cities (Raleigh) Better Doctors
- Among Cities to Watch in 2015 (Raleigh) Urbanful